[rescue] ham gear

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Nov 14 02:50:11 CST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:23:42 -0500
Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net> wrote:

> Any suggestions on good places to look for radio equipment?
I got interrested in HAM radio too about a year ago. Unfortunately I
haven't got much further than writing a Morse code generator for *ix.
[1] The thing that interrests me is self build QRP gear. After doing
"virtual" work with computers I enjoy doing real work with a soldering
iron. There are may sellers of kits and construction manuals for QRP
gear on the net. You may get a start here:
http://www.norcalqrp.com/
http://www.gqrp.com/

[1] I could not find a program that was easy to compile and able to
generate "good" sounding code so I did it myself:
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/projekte/morse.c
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen