[rescue] need help with sparc 10 speaker box

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Nov 3 12:04:41 CST 2005

" From: awouk at nilenet.com (Arthur Wouk)
"
" i installed realplayer 8 on the sparc10, got all the plugins right
" with firefox, and got radio working with my speaker box as output.
"
" i tried attaching headphones to the speaker box, in the only hole with
" the speaker symbol. no output, no matter what i did with the
" controls.
"
" there are four holes in the box, one for headphones, one adjacent to
" it whose symbol is meaningless to me, and two on the back. again the
" symbols are not meaningful. i tried google, and was led to the sparc
" 20 manual, which is a no-no.  sun.com also hasn't produced any results
" for me. there seems to be NO documentation on this baby anywhere,
"
" can anyone tell me what those holes are for?

they're probably [in no particular order] mic in, line in/out, and
headphone.

" and why the headphones
" get no sound from the headphone hole? is the latter a matter of
" going into the audio controls to turn on that output? if so, where are
" these controls?

/usr/openwin/bin/audiocontrol