[rescue] need help with sparc 10 speaker box

Arthur Wouk awouk at nilenet.com
Thu Nov 3 11:35:17 CST 2005

i installed realplayer 8 on the sparc10, got all the plugins right
 with firefox, and got radio working with my speaker box as output.

i tried attaching headphones to the speaker box, in the only hole with
the speaker symbol. no output, no matter what i did with the
controls.

there are four holes in the box, one for headphones, one adjacent to
it whose symbol is meaningless to me, and two on the back. again the
symbols are not meaningful. i tried google, and was led to the sparc
20 manual, which is a no-no.  sun.com also hasn't produced any results
for me. there seems to be NO documentation on this baby anywhere,

can anyone tell me what those holes are for? and why the headphones
get no sound from the  headphone hole? is the latter a matter of
going into the audio controls to turn on that output? if so, where are
these controls?

i checked the headphones. even though they are stereo, when plugged
into a mono hole, they yield one channel of sound on other devices.

--
getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
					- jules feifer