[rescue] $35 50gig drives

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:35:38 CDT 2005

On 5/10/05, Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net> wrote:
> Has anyone dealt with some of the older Cisco routers that regularly
> wrote all sorts of logs to flash?  They had to replace the flash cards
> fairly often, usually on a schedule designed to prevent them from
> failing.  I used to scarf them up for my Newtons cheap.  (my 2100
> has dual 40MB cards.  woohoo!)

Are those the standard full size PCMCIA flash cards or the one with
the special formatting that PC laptops don't recognize?

With the price of compact flash these days, and two ~$10
adaptors, you could have 2GB in there easily if they take
standard flash.

I have what appears to be a perfect Newton MP 120 that I have
no AC adaptor for...anyone know of any good online resources
for trying to trouble-shoot it (other than the Newton FAQ)?  I
think it may just be a dead backup battery, but don't know for
sure.

=Nadine=