[rescue] FREE: HP A1097C 19" Color monitor

Mike F lists at ibrew.net
Mon Mar 7 12:57:27 CST 2005

erie wrote:

> unless someone wants to buy a mirage Z128 card I have lying about here
> for $50 +shipping (comes with both multisync and 64k Fixed freq. eprom)
>
> erie
>
> Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>
>> Pick up only in Laurel, MD.
>>
>> It's big and heavy. 3 BNC input.
>>
>> I do not think it is PeeCee compatible.

I have an A1097C that until recently was my primary desktop monitor. The
Mirage card would make using this card a no-brainer, but using it with
Matrox cards was pretty easy, specifying sync-on-green in either X or
Windows and using the right modeline. I eventually swapped the Matrox
card for an ATI card and did some surgery to the monitor to allow it to
accept separate sync. After that, it did quite well at 1280x960 at 75Hz.
So, to make a long story short, it can be persuaded to be PeeCee
compatible  ;-)