[rescue] Announcement from Sun

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sat Jan 29 09:56:50 CST 2005

On Saturday 29 January 2005 04:13, Charles Monett wrote:
> other OS's). I just hope Sun doesnt pull another "ZX trick" with the
> source by yanking certain hardware in less than 2 versions(when you
> cant even get the version that *does* support it), or dropping 32bit
> support in Solaris 10(32bit stuff couldnt be that buggy).

Well, Sun has already said several times that Sol10 won't support 32bit
platforms (only supports UltraSparcII and higher, since they don't
support UltraSparcI in 64-bit mode, not that it can't be done).

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org