[rescue] Thinkpad 600E memory capacity (was Mac prices)

James Birdsall jwbirdsa at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 12:53:46 CST 2005

XP runs quite well in 288M on my 600E (typing on it right now). Of course,
it depends on what you want to run. My laptop is pretty much a portable
client -- it runs browsers, mail clients, putty, stuff like that, all of
which are relatively lightweight.

Would more work? It would have to be the correct density, which could be
tough to find. My 560Z is in that boat, it can use a higher-capacity SODIMM
but units of the correct density are rare and expensive. :P

--James B.