[rescue] Cleaning out, anyone want some FREE stuff?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Jan 13 11:55:37 CST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:45:18 -0500
patrick at mail.zill.net (Patrick Giagnocavo) wrote:

> With Solaris 10, the zones and the Dtrace functionality help to
> differentiate Solaris from AIX and Linux.
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/

Xen is a virtual machine monitor for x86 that supports execution of
multiple guest operating systems with unprecedented levels of
performance and resource isolation. Xen is Open Source software,
released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. We have a
fully functional ports of Linux 2.4 and 2.6 running over Xen, and
regularly use it for running demanding applications like MySQL, Apache
and PostgreSQL. Any Linux distribution (RedHat, SuSE, Debian, Mandrake)
should run unmodified over the ported OS.

In addition to Linux, members of Xen's user community have contributed
or are working on ports to other operating systems such as NetBSD
(Christian Limpach), FreeBSD (Kip Macy) and Plan 9 (Ron Minnich). A port
of Windows XP was developed for an earlier version of Xen, but is not
available for release due to licence restrictions.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen