[rescue] RFA: firewall

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Jan 10 16:21:22 CST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:47:26 -0500
Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> > The OpenBSD driver for hme does not perform well under a load.
[...]
> Yup, I've run into this problem myself trying to use a Classic as a
> firewall.  I had an le and a hme in the box, and I was actually
> getting three times as much throughput through the le as I was through
> the hme.
NetBSD has no problems with hme(4). At least I didn't see any on my U10.
NetBSD-current comes with ipf and pf from OpenBSD, so if you don't like
ipf 4.x that comes with NetBSD-2.0... If you are going with NetBSD-2.0
remember to update to the latest release-2.0 kernel due to a sparc64 VM
bug in 2.0.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen