[rescue] Seeking thinkpad 240C..

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Wed Jan 5 16:33:48 CST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, William Enestvedt wrote:

> Bill Bradford wrote:
>    True: I bought a new Sun server (480R) and a new Sun RAID (3310), and
> they didn't give -- or even offer -- the correct cables to connect them
> for out-of-band management or the initial configuation! The array has a
> 9-pin port and comes with an adapter for 15-pin ports, while the Sun
> server only has an RJ-45 for its serial connections. (You need a serial
> conneciton to get the array's disks set up the very first time; after
> that; you can go over the hosts's SCSI conenction or an unsecured telnet
> session. *gulp*)

  I got two cat5 cables, a 2meter DB9 serial cable, a RJ45/DB9 and
RJ45/DB25 adaptors with the V480's/3310's I got. I was able to
configure both devices from my sunblade 150 without anything else.

  I wired up the second gigE port on the V480 to the raid with
a crossover cable. If I need to get to the raid I just need to
bring up the second interface and telnet to it from the V480.

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk at chaoscon.com

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."