[rescue] USB Wacom to serial

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Jan 5 07:22:11 CST 2005

I'm not exactly sure on the size but i believe it was the largest
one Wacom sold in 2003.  It looks to be, maybe a couple feet in
diagonal.  I would measure it or just look up the model number,
but it's in Homestead at the time and i am in Miami.

Thanks for the info,
/KRM

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:36:35 -0500
Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:00:31AM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> > Does anyone know if i can take a current USB Wacom tablet,
> > put a USB to serial converter on it and make it work under
> > IRIX?
> >
> > I figure it's doubtful, but i just got a huge USB Wacom for
> > free(my mother upgraded and gave me her old one) and would
> > like to get it to work on my Octane if possible.
>
> Doubt full.
>
> However, that USB wacom is worth more (at least on ebay) than
> an equivelent serial one anyway, so maybe sell it and buy a
> serial one?
>
> How large, BTW?
>
> I used to have a wacom tablet on my linux machine.  I
> disconnected it when I moved May '03, and found that I didn't
> have desk space any longer for it.  Another 1.5 past, and I
> still don't have desk space to hook it to my Octane.  ARgh.
>
> --
> Joshua D. Boyd
> jdboyd at jdboyd.net
> http://www.jdboyd.net/
> http://www.joshuaboyd.org/

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/