[rescue] IBM RS/6000 MCA ESCON FCO work

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Feb 16 10:44:45 CST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:37:54 -0500
Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> The ARTIC960 is IBM's line of PCI & MCA ESCON cards that emulate
> client-side ESCON devices (periperhals, not CPUs).
Interresting. So it seems this R20 was used as IO processor for a S/390.
(It came with two SSA RAID adapters, a metric butload of SSA disks and
two Fast Wide HVD SCSI adapters.)

> I really wish I could get a hold of one, so I might be able to use it
> with my S/390,  and maybe get it to boot at some point.
I soled the R20 already to a friend. If you want I can contact him.
Maybe he is willing to sell the cards to you. (Location: Germany)
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen