[rescue] IBM RS/6000 MCA ESCON FCO work

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Feb 16 08:37:54 CST 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 04:17, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> When I got the R20 I booted it up in service mode and it toled me
> somthing about ESCON in the hardware inventory. The card has a fibre
> optic duplex connector that looks a bit like the FDDI MIC connector.
> Somthing like this:

The ARTIC960 is IBM's line of PCI & MCA ESCON cards that emulate
client-side ESCON devices (periperhals, not CPUs).  I really wish I
could get a hold of one, so I might be able to use it with my S/390,
and maybe get it to boot at some point.

The connector you described is indeed an ESCON connector.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org