[rescue] OpenWindows 1.0 anyone...?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Feb 9 17:34:23 CST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Wow.  Fluxbox is suprisingly nice looking.

I really like it, and it still looks -great- with a flat color theme.  It's
also extremely fast.  Apparently it's smart enough to realize when it's
sending blocks of solid color and tells X to draw solid rectangles instead
of blitting like some applications tend to.

> Can one use Afterstep/windowmaker doc apps with it, or would one have to
> find new apps?

Yes.  They get swallowed into something called "the slit", which is, in
my configuration anyway, on the right side of the screen, starting at
the bottom.  It only shows up (and quickly at that, no sliding) when I
bump my mouse into it, which I also really like.

For me, it's perfect.  It GETS OUT OF MY WAY when I want to work, but
still lets me look at the pretty widgets when I ask.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )   "Let me hear you make decisions
Elgin, TX          (     without your television."