[rescue] Camera with direct connection?

Matthew Poertner mpoertner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:37:41 CST 2005

Hey, I'm trying to do the same thing.  What kind of Hardware/Software
are you using to for your setup?

Thanks,
Matt

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:03:38 -0500, Thomas Gallaway <rescue at port11.net> wrote:
> Michael Dombrowski wrote:
>
> >I put up a fishtank webcam using my DV-bridge but am
> >not entirely pleased with the image quality. Anyone
> >know of a digital camera >= 1 megapixel that will let
> >you operate it in tethered mode? Cheap and Linux/Mac
> >compatability are plusses.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Mike
> >

> Hmm digital camera's with FW you will have to spend a bit on that. I
> think there are webcam's now that have USB and 1 megapixel.
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=5042
> That one is 1.3 megapixel.
>
> Logitech also has a pretty cool PTZ camera but dunno what OS it supports.
>
> -- Thomas

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere,
someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over
there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
-George Carlin