[rescue] FREE: 2x Bull-badged IBM RS/6000 7012-G series

Charles Monett camonett at woh.rr.com
Wed Feb 2 22:56:13 CST 2005

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> No, the G640s are PPC60x, and the 39H is POWER2 or POWER2.

That part I do know, since I thought that you could do a cpu card
upgrade (as some model numbers were upgrades IIRC) to it as with some
other 7012/7013/7030 machines; didnt know that the G40/G640 was a
different mainboard as well. If it isnt possible to put one of those in,
what's the max the POWER2 variants like the 39H can have if it can be
upgraded at all (POWER2 SuperChip)?