[rescue] e420r and solaris questions

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Aug 26 17:56:17 CDT 2005

Dan Sikorski wrote:

>I just got an E420R from ebay (nice, quad 450mhz, 4GB of ram, 2x18.2GB
>disks for $699 with free shipping).  This is going to be my new co-lo'ed
>server, and i have a couple of questions.

Thanks everyone for your input on my questions about rackmounting and
Solaris for the 420r.  I have another question that i forgot to answer
the first time:  I think i'd like to have a framebuffer in this beast
just in case i should need it at some point.  What would be the lowest
cost framebuffer to put in it?  I really don't care very much about
performance, i will quite possibly never use it at all, but i would like
to have that option there.

    -Dan