[rescue] 420R/220R rail kit

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Aug 25 10:02:47 CDT 2005

On Thursday 25 August 2005 09:49, Michael Horton wrote:
> real sysadmins don't remove power supplies!

*Real* sysadmins fix power supplies at the component level. :P
<flame-bait> I've got a CompE degree, not one of those worthless CS
ones.</flaim-bait>  (Actually, I've got a few friends with CS degrees,
who do more with databases and application programming than I'd want to
touch... again).

> yes, we remove disks (we lost one moving a v880 server once), power
> supplies, and anthing that can be easily removed!

Yeah, at 300lbs (full weight) or so, those V880s are a bitch; it takes
at least 2 people to lift them when they're empty if you don't want
damanged backs.

Pat

--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/