[rescue] 420R/220R rail kit

Michael Horton Michael.Horton at acntv.com
Thu Aug 25 09:49:25 CDT 2005

real sysadmins don't remove power supplies!

(sorry, i couldn't resist.)

yes, we remove disks (we lost one moving a v880 server once), power
supplies, and anthing that can be easily removed!

Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> On Thursday 25 August 2005 02:48, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:18:36PM -0400, Bryan Gurney wrote:
>>
>>>Having personally lifted a UE450 off the ground (that one's a
>>>whopping 200 pounds according to Sunsolve; I'd say that's a safe
>>>guess, considering it had 12 disks in it), I'd hunt down the
>>>Accuride rails.
>>
>>I ended up in the ER (with stretched tendons) after a coworker and I
>>rackmounted a full E450 as the "middle" unit in a rack that
>>eventually held three of them.
>

> Is it me, or does no one else remove weight (eg power supplies, disks,
> etc) from machines when they're trying to rack/move them, instead of
> trying to strain themselves?  I'm quite used to removing as much as
> necessary from machines at work when i'm left to rack them by myself
> (and they weight >80lbs or so fully loaded).
>
> I've moved an E6500 chassis by myself before; it's a whole lot easier
> when you take everything out of it first.
>
> Pat

This message originates from Jewelry Television (TM) . The message and any
file transmitted with it is intended to be privileged and confidential. It is
intended only for the addressee named above. Any disclosure, distribution,
copying or use of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient,
regardless of address or routing, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete
the original message. Personal messages express views solely of the sender and
are not attributable to Jewelry Television (TM).