[rescue] 420R/220R rail kit

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 20:18:36 CDT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:34:10 -0400, Eric Webb <ttlchaos at randomc.com> wrote:

> Anyone have a 420R or 220R in rack config (or a spare rail set) that
> wouldn't
> mind taking it down for a minute to do some quickie measurements for me?
> Still trying to find something that'll work for my E250 without busting
> the
> bank.  The mammoth Accuride slides they used on the E250 are expensive
> and
> the ones from 420R/220R are a lot cheaper out there.
>
> Or is the 250 just so much heavier than the 220/420 that I'm going to
> have
> problems?

The 250 is 120 pounds according to Sunsolve:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/E250/spec.html
This is in contrast to the 420R that's 85 pounds:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/E420R/spec.html

Having personally lifted a UE450 off the ground (that one's a whopping 200
pounds according to Sunsolve; I'd say that's a safe guess, considering it
had 12 disks in it), I'd hunt down the Accuride rails.