[rescue] sparc10 wont read iso images

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Apr 14 13:06:50 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:38:27AM -0600, Arthur Wouk wrote:
> i am trying to put solaris 9 onto my sparc 10s. i downloaded the iso
> images from the sun web site, burned them onto cds on a macintosh
> system which was available to me (i don't have a burner on my suns), and
> took the cds to my suns.
As a rule of thumb I found that if you burn a cd at a faster speed than the
drive can read it, it won't. Make sure you are buning at the LOWEST possible
speed your drive can burn at.

Try other brands of blanks. Samsung 16x seemed to work the best in
old CD drives, but AFIK they are no longer available.

Clean the lens of the CD reader with a cleaning CD.

Geoff.
IL Voice: 972-2-679-6896  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
VoN  Skype: mendelsonfamily