[rescue] DEC VAXstation 3100

Geoff Koehler koehler at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 29 21:29:19 CDT 2004

Hi All,
Vaxstation 3100's will take a standard narrow SCSI drive, although I
dont know if the hardware will support a 9G drive, although I cant
think of a reason why not.  VMS is easy to get - just go to
http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist and order your CD's.  You will have to
get a free membership in the canadian association of compaq users.  Use
the site to get your licenses.

My microvax runs openvms 7.1 with TCP/IP services and mail.  I have the
cobol, fortran, C, and Pascal compilers for it, all with licenses - its
part of the hobbyist program.  Its great for that retro feeling....
Now if I could just find an old card-punch machine.....
Cheers,
	Geoff

Geoff Koehler
Saskatoon, SK, Canada.