[rescue] Rescue my garage!!

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue Sep 28 16:28:35 CDT 2004

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> And if you want larger, I've got a few 19" wide rackmount about 4U tall
> SCSI drives... not SCSI enclosures, the HDA + controller boards is that
> big. :)

   "Small Computer Systems Interface" my backside.

> Well, I'm not 100% sure they're SCSI, but I think so (they're in my DG
> Eclipse).

   Take a closer look; they might be SMD drives.  At least a few
companies produced SMD controllers that emulated the DG drives using
common SMD disks.  I've got one here that should attach to my S/140
and is a CDC drive with DG badging.  My S/130 has a Spectracom
(I think) controller that does SMD as well.  (Come to think of it,
my S/230 may have one as well.  I need to go digging in my Copious
Free Time....)

   Cheers.