[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 23 22:28:36 CDT 2004

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 @ 14:11 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 01:53:57PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 01:24:33PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > > On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 01:14:45PM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> > > At the moment, on one circuit, I have:
> > > 2 60 watt lamps
> >
> > You can replace these with compact fluorescents, which will use 11 or
> > 15 W instead of 60 apiece.
>
> To they make compact fluorescents that won't cause trouble with those
> lamp shades that clip directly to the bulb?
>
> I have heard reports that compact fluorescents are getting a better
> color balance these days.

I hate the way things look with almost all flourescent bulbs.  I know
they use less power, but it look unnatural, and most of the time I
can see the flicker, which royally sucks.

Using a computer monitor under flourescent drives me nuts and gives me a
headache.

In fact, even just working with paper under flourescent lights bothers
me.

I once saw some tubes that were not too bad, but my boss at that time
would not order more because the said they were far too expensive.

So, I started just turning off the lights completely, and I've been a
cave-dweller ever since... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]