[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 23 22:36:22 CDT 2004

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 @ 16:27 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 11:18:19AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I especially hate lights over computer monitors.
> >
> > You don't need to shine a light on another light to see it!
>
> Screen glare bad, mm'kay?
>
> I'm a big fan of indirect lighting wherever possible, myself.  And no,
> those stupid diffuser grilles don't count.

I was in an office once that had no direct lighting at all, except for
lamps on people's desks.

The lighting in the place was muted, but enough to see.  It made the
whole place feel cooler and quieter.  If you needed light, there were
spot-lights in all the offices and cubes, and there were fully lighted
rooms for work that needed it.

Unfortunately where I work now there is about 10 times as much light as
we actually need overhead.

Just my cubicle alone has 8 4-boot flourescent lights over it in two
banks.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]