[rescue] SPARCstation Voyager boot

Goten goten at squad-wars.com
Thu Sep 23 13:40:31 CDT 2004

Hi,

got hold of one of these machines a while back (for free, no less - and no, it
isn't stolen) but I don't have any means of getting into the system. The
machine itself runs with no problems, but I have no login details for it.

I've tried FreeBSD CD booting, Slackware 9.1 CD booting, Slackware 10 CD
booting, Red Hat 9 CD booting and FAT-formatted Linux floppy booting. None
have worked (most with "Invalid magic number" errors). I currently have no
means of formatting a SCSI-2 hard disk and plugging that onto the external
connector, and I don't have any means of booting via ethernet (i.e. remote X
access).

Help would be nice... >.<

Goten

---