[rescue] Sol9 on old x86

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Wed Sep 22 17:02:25 CDT 2004

Jochen Kunz wrote:
> 1.6.x can't do SMP on SPARC anyway. Try a 2.0 binary snapshot from
> ftp://releng.netbsd.org/ It should contain a GENERIC.MP kernel... I am
> running a nearly one year old NetBSD-current 1.6U or the like on a dual
> SM61 SS20 and it works without any hickups.

Did the SMP not make it into 1.6.1 or 1.6.2?

frmo http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/

2003-01-07: SMP enabled in -current
     SMP support on sparc has been enabled in -current and has been
relatively stable on a SPARCstation 20/712, sun4/690 and other systems.
See the FAQ and Matthew Green's message to the port-sparc mailing list.

2003-04-21: NetBSD 1.6.1 released

2004-03-01: NetBSD 1.6.2 released

2004-04-22: SMP support for hyperSPARC CPUs in -current
     Paul Kranenburg has enabled support for multiple hyperSPARC CPUs in
models which support this CPU type.

KL