[rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )

james james at jdfogg.com
Wed Sep 22 14:16:10 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 12:42, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: james <james at jdfogg.com>
> "
> " > Renewable sources, biodiesel and nuclear are probably the solution.
> " > Hydrogen's a non-starter due to it being unsafe, hard to store, and
> " > hard to use, never mind it being a net energy loss again.
> "
> " I don't think hydrogen is out yet.
> " http://www.unitednuclear.com/h2.htm
> "
> " Sure, it takes energy to make hydrogen and store it in this form, but
> " then you are released from the binds of a portable liquid fuel. Now
> " anything that gives you electricity can power your *current production*
> " car. This is not future fantasy.
>
> yeah, but you're stuck with the binds of a portable -gaseous- fuel, or
> portable adsorbed-hydride fuel...
>
> and your current production car must be modified to run off hydrogen.
> what do you have to do to run a diesel car off biodiesel?  pour it
> into the tank.  you don't need to undo the tremendous fuel supply
> infrastructure either.
>
> " This means you can power the car you own today from solar, wind, nuclear
> " and fossil power.
>
> nearly every car today - certainly imports - have diesel versions.
> i'd rather dieselize and run biodiesel.

Well we had spoken about the factoid of a single biofield 500 miles on
each side would provide for the US fuel needs, but diesels have a
particulate problem whereas hydrogen is super-clean burning.

In any oil replacement strategey I think we will have to see a diversity
of solutions to provide sufficient capacity. I don't think one solution
will meet the needs.

If you read the details of the United Nuclear website it appears that he
has a good workable solution. And onboard hydride fuel is safer than
gasoline storage.

As for national infrastructure, the UN website mentions having a hydride
generator in your garage. No infrastructure needed.

There are may workable replacement now and coming in the future. I
believe that many will have a place in the fuel scheme.