[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Sep 22 11:47:22 CDT 2004

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
"
" > From: "Ethan O'Toole" <ethan at 757tech.net>
" >
" > > I wish they'd sell HID dimming rear windows or rear-view mirrors...
" > > items that would convert the harsh light back into yellow light so I
" > > don't want to rip the lungs out of HID drivers... come to think of it
" > > I'd also like it on the windshield and all windows.
" > > Andrew
" >
" > I did a bunch of research on it. Factory installed HID setups shouldn't
" > cause issues to other drivers (the lights are angled quite a bit
" > differently). The big issue is when people plug in these retrofit bulbs
" > (which generally aren't DOT approved). Then the angle causes an issue.
"
"
" My Xeon headlamps are angled down, and are load-sensitive (as I load the truck, they angle down further to compensate) and I think they are also supposed to track the steering of the car (a la Tucker cars)... Of course, these are factory installed.
"
" If these headlights annoy you so much, I suggest you consider making your rear windows into one-way mirrors ;^)

all that fancy aiming stuff doesn't do crap if the road has waves, and
many do around here.  every time the oncoming car crests one i get
blasted with hid whiteout.