[rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Sep 21 12:36:37 CDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:13:53AM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> > Just for grins, look up thermal depolymerization.  The company behind it
> > has a pilot plant in Philadelphia that processes seven tons a day of
> > garbage into oil and pure metals, and a plant in Carthage Missouri
> > that's scheduled to turn 200 tons a day of turkey guts into oil.
> > (However, they're currently sueing the contractor who did all the
> > welding on the plant; fully 70% of the welds were bad.) If you do the
> > math, it turns out thermal depolymerization plants could turn America's
> > yearly output of trash into enough oil to make the US independent of
> > foreign oil, and IIRC the guy behind the company is confident he can get
> > the cost down below $10 a barrel.
>
> WOW! Old oil will off him.

Yeah, I understand there's already been veiled accusations that the bad
welding at Carthage was deliberate sabotage.

IMHO, the gummint oughta be declaring it a project vital to national
security, if the gummint wasn't owned lock stock and barrel by Big Oil.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net