[rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 20 16:24:10 CDT 2004

> From: abuse at cabal.org.uk (Peter Corlett)
> Date: 2004/09/20 Mon PM 08:53:18 GMT
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )
>
>PV cells are a net energy loss once you consider the energy used
> in their manufacture.

Well, with no moving parts, they can probably make it up over time and become a net-gain...

I wonder about the "efficiency" of fossil fuel:

Plants -> Dinosaur -> bury the body and apply pressure -> Wait a long time -> Dill hole to extract Crude Oil -> refine crude oil -> transport fuel to distribution point -> distribute -> burn to move car...