[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Sep 17 13:45:47 CDT 2004

" From: Kirk Lane <ayocee at gmail.com>
"
" > " They're becoming common for traffic uses too.  Lighted signs and
" > " car tail lights.
" >
" > passed a fedex truck just the other night, with its flashers on.  they
" > were all led arrays, back and side!  only the fronts were still bulbs.
"
" LED taillights are truly great.  Shortly after GM started putting them
" in the back of some Cadillacs, some hobbyists came out with a retrofit
" kit to install similar lights in my truck; I bought one of the first
" kits, since I was sick of the bulbs which were dim at best and
" probably downright dangerous.  Considering that the taillights are
" perfectly rectangular (1970 GMC) it probably didn't take a whole lot
" of work to plot out a rectangular PCB with 168 LEDs and three wires to
" a standard 1157 bulb socket.  The result is amazing.

for a comparison - i didn't count them, but in each standard round
flush-mount taillignt the fedex truck had less than 20 leds, maybe a
dozen.