[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Sep 16 15:09:03 CDT 2004

Phil wrote, of compact fluorescent bulbs:

> ...we pay around $12 for a pack of five at Sam's Club, but once
> they're in, we're not constantly replacing lightbulbs any more.

   We called the local power company and asked for a home energy
efficiency evaluation, and a guy came out and poked around the house for
an hour. He offered me lots of CF bulbs, and I think I ended with at
least half a dozen. And best of all, before he left he consulted the
gauge he'd clipped to the fridge's plug, and wrote up paperwork for a
$300 rebate on a new fridge!
   So see whether your local spark retailer can hook you up. :7)
-wde
P.S. There's rebate slips laying aroiund at Home Depot and Lowe's all
the time for those CF bulbs, too.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator