[rescue] Question about Iomega NAS Server

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 14 13:36:41 CDT 2004

> From: Zach Lowry <zach at zachlowry.net>
> Date: 2004/09/14 Tue PM 04:35:33 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Question about Iomega NAS Server
>
> On Sep 14, 2004, at 7:05 AM, James wrote:

> > Or you can buy any of the very nice Linux bases commercial products
> > that
> > are built just like I described and sold with a warantee and possibly
> > some
> > custom storage management software.
>
> This would be great if I could find such. Could you provide links? Keep
> in mind that I can get a 320gb Iomega NAS which runs UNIX for $600,
> which is just about my spending limit.

I was wrong on my previous pricing - a Dell 400SC as described is $374 *before
rebate* - making the price $274 after rebate, and the dual 250 Gig drive
solution (500 Gig total) would cost you $574.

That is a *very* good price on the Dell Poweredge 400SC IMHO for a low-end
server w/o O/S... I think they are certified for Solaris, or at least known to
work well with it.

Hope this helps,

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net