[rescue] Please, educate me about Cisco Switches and their Model numbers

Zach Lowry zach at zachlowry.net
Tue Sep 14 07:43:54 CDT 2004

Hey everyone (again) :)

I'm looking at buying a new switch to replace the dinky little one that
I've been using for years. I want a Cisco that has several blade slots,
and is capable of 100Base-FX, 100Base-TX, and 1000Base-TX. It doesn't
really have to do anything particularly fancy, just educate me about
the Cisco OS and hook up all my machines. However, looking through
eBay, I see tons of different chassis that all seem like they would
provide what I need. Can someone recommend a good switch to meet my
needs?

Thanks!