[rescue] Tool kits?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Sep 13 13:34:58 CDT 2004

William Enestvedt says ...

> I want to spend some of the boss's money on a toolkit for the Data
> Center, since I use my LeatherMan waaaay too often.

I've found all those "ready made" toolkits have stuff I don't need, and are
expensive for what you get.

>    If I can't buy a good one, I'll just go nutty at a hardware store.

> 	- Screwdrivers (phillips, hex, torx...?)

Security Torx, straight-blade, and at least one _long_ #2 Phillips.  Be sure
the Phillips ones are real Phillips pattern, not just something that looks
like it.  A complete set of "security" bits, maybe, depending on what you
have around there.

> 	- Needle-nose pliers
> 	- Wire cutter/stripper

Channel-locks, too.

> 	- Small sockets
> 	- Hex wrenches

Sets of Allen keys.

> 	- Adjustable wrench [for rack feet]
> 	- Crimper for RJ45 & RJ11 (plus jacks!)
> 	-A whole mess o' Rip-Tite velcro cable ties

Cordless electric drill?  Handy for driving screws, too.

Chainsaw?  Handy for dealing with lusers....

-Shel