[rescue] Tool kits?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Sep 13 13:17:12 CDT 2004

I want to spend some of the boss's money on a toolkit for the Data
Center, since I use my LeatherMan waaaay too often. (Sure it's handy,
but the place just needs to have some basic tools.) Does anyone have
favorites?
   Most of the stuff I see on the web is injection-molded plastic
crapola, a la the Belkin kits for $29, but what I really want & need is
a reasonable selection of well-made tools in a case. Any suggestions of
brands, pro or con? (For example, the "Technician's Tool Kit" (part
FT812) from Black Box.)
   If I can't buy a good one, I'll just go nutty at a hardware store.
Does anyone have favorite tools that they are missing from the following
list?
	- Screwdrivers (phillips, hex, torx...?)
	- Needle-nose pliers
	- Wire cutter/stripper
	- Small sockets
	- Hex wrenches
	- Adjustable wrench [for rack feet]
	- Crimper for RJ45 & RJ11 (plus jacks!)
	-A whole mess o' Rip-Tite velcro cable ties
   Thanks for any suggestions.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt