[rescue] OT: needed: Postgres 7.1 compile for Solaris 9

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Sep 12 23:14:34 CDT 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Does anyone have instructions on how to build PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on
> Solaris 9?  I have a customer I want to move to Solaris but they need
> exactly this version of PG.

I've built most of 7.x on Solaris 9 without any problems.  If you're
using Sun's compiler instead of GCC, you'll need to make SURE that your
linker is set to ld instead of cc, or else the backend won't link.  I've
occasionally had to link the backend by hand on 7.3, but they seem to
have gotten that fixed in 7.4; no clue about 7.1.

If you run into trouble, feel free to toss email my way, but I suspect
it'll mostly Just Work.

--
Jonathan Patschke )
Elgin, TX        (  "Ma'am, I can do anything.  I own a game store."