[rescue] Somewhat off-topic, but somewhat relevant...

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Sep 9 23:58:59 CDT 2004

Jonathan C. Patschke declared on Thursday 09 September 2004 10:54 pm:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Carl R. Friend wrote:
> >   What I'm after is recommendations as to what I should get next.
>
> I've had -really- good luck with the RS/6000 version of the IBM P200.
> It has a 13w3 connector and talks to everything I've thrown at it.  It
> needed some coaxing with the SGIs because SGI's sense pins walk on
> some of the alternate IBM sync pins, but two 13W3<->3BNC adapters and
> 3 BNC T-couplers was all I needed to make things right.
>
> However, I know at least one list member either here or on geeks has
> one that -only- syncs to RS/6000s.  So, YMMV.

The IBM PowerDisplay 17 and PowerDisplay 20 are fairly decent (and
usually cheap from my sources) monitors that'll handle just about
anything.  You might also check in to the 17" monitor that Power
Computing shipped with some of their systems - it has a VGA and set of 5
BNC connectors on it, and is probably available for a reasonable price.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        --- http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/