[rescue] 32bit drivers in 64bit solaris?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu May 27 22:15:11 CDT 2004

On Thursday, May 27, 2004, at 09:30 PM, Mauricio wrote:

> At 14:38 +0000 5/27/04, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>  > From: "Mike Hebel" <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com>
>>>  Date: 2004/05/27 Thu PM 02:13:53 GMT
>>>  To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>>>  Subject: RE: [rescue] 32bit drivers in 64bit solaris?
>>>
>>>  > Lionel wrote:
>>>  >>
>>>  >> Why not revert to 32 git operation?
>>>  >>
>>>  >   Is this where you have an infinte-number-of-monkeys rig
>>>  > that uses a couple dozen Monty Python Gumbys pounding
>>>  > keyboards as sys admins? -wde
>>>
>>>  No No! Silly!  It's obviously a spy machine run by MI6
>>>  washouts! ;-)
>>>
>>>  My question is does it measure performance in bogogits...
>>
>> But remember, a BOGOGIT is not a real measurement of system
>> performance - gits are not comprable across platforms or
>> architectures (WinGITs <> BSDGITs ;^)
>
> 	Can't we download and compile a GNUGIT in both platforms?  Or we will
> have the issue of big monkeys vs little monkeys (the endians went on a
> holiday)?

Naw.  Then we'd have all sorts of people going "That's GNU/BOGOGITS"
and that sounds even sillier than bogogits alone.

As for the big monkeys vs little monkeys we'd need to create a flying
monkey RFC then and that would play all hell with the carrier pigeon
RFC.

Not to mention the Wicked Witch. ;-)

Mike
----