[rescue] RS/6000 Model 590

Charles Monett camonett at woh.rr.com
Wed May 26 14:22:51 CDT 2004

>Thanks for the confirmation.  From what I can see, all the cabling appears
>secure.  I'm not sure how to get at
>the power supply, though.  Having removed the side and front covers, and
>all of the screws obviously securing the power supply, I still can't free it.
BTW, when was that thing last turned on? I've got a similar model - the 570
- and for some reason, it's recently decided to power up
only after a day of time being off, even though it just happened recently
in my possession(The thing throws a 001, then goes off).
I almost want to get a spare power supply for this, since I know this
shouldnt happen with a power supply, even for this
big of a machine (it's only a 550W/10A).