[rescue] OT: Cellphone SMS to email

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed May 26 09:34:10 CDT 2004

William Enestvedt writes ...
> Jeff Cole wrote:
> >
> > With Nextel, it's just phonenumber at page.nextel.com or
> > phonenumber at messaging.nextel.com
> >
> > Not sure about anyone else.
> >
>    For a Verizon number, send it to <area-code-and-number>@vtext.com. I
> send my phone email all the time this way, though I admit that this
> address format _is_ a little longer than what Shel asked for.

No problem there, i.e. sending mail _to_ a phone.  No problem sending mail
_from_ a phone, but it's tedious.

What I want is to be able to send mail _from_ a phone as easily as sending
an SMS message.

On T-mobile and Verizon, to send an SMS message, you just enter your message
and send it to a phone number.

To send e-mail, you have to put in the e-mail address (which is tedious),
then the message, and send it to a special phone number (500 on T-mobile).

I want to have a special account with the cell company so people can just
send an SMS message to a phone number, but it automagically (and without
user action) becomes e-mail to a certain address.  Is that possible?

-Shel