[rescue] Re: [geeks] FS: Loaded Sun E3K

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat May 22 08:42:35 CDT 2004

On May 21, 2004, at 3:22 PM, Kevin Loch wrote:

> Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
>> Sunhelp.org on FreeBSD/x86?  I think people might look at that
>> strangely.
>
> Sun might not like it but I would see it as an appropriate OS for the
> platform.  The real question is why x86 for sunhelp.org?  I it would
> run fine on an LX

Sunhelp.org on an LX?... what is this 1998?... seriously that is some
serious crack you are smoking. (:-))  LXen are fun but you'd have to go
with an SS20 or better to handle the kind of services the mailing lists
require.  Actually I lied... I have an LX... they're too slow for just
about everything.  They also overheat under load.  Perfect machine to
save space would be an Ultra 1/200 E.  Bill used to run the thing on an
Ultra 5 so I highly doubt he'd run it on an LX now.

Andrew