[rescue] IBM pSeries machine

ghub005 ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu May 20 01:25:47 CDT 2004

Hi Lads

I just recovered a really cheap used IBM pSeries machines from a liquidation
sale. As far as I can tell it is a 7026-B80 system with a single processor
(speed unknown), 1GB RAM, and around 230GB of disks (2 x 9GB internal, 12
x 18GB external).

Unfortunately I do not a login for the root user account. Nor do I
have an AIX 4 media kit. Is there any way to reset the root user password
without a media kit?

FWIW this is the first POWER machine I've had a fiddle with. The design seems
pretty solid (though the internal cable routing is pretty poor).

Regards,

Gavin