[rescue] SGI Indigo 2

Sebastian Jaenicke sj+rescue at jaenicke.org
Mon May 17 10:12:39 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 10:21:35AM -0400, Nathan Raymond wrote:
[..]
> What's a good price to pay for GIO 100Base-T ethernet, and what's the
> performance like relative to the EISA 100Base-T?  (A lot better I would
> expect.)

http://futuretech.mirror.vuurwerk.net/fastether.html

I'd recommend to get a cheap 3Com 3c597 EISA card and fehack.tar.gz
from here:

http://futuretech.mirror.vuurwerk.net/depot/

> Can it make use of 72-pin 128MB ECC RAM sticks, or is it really limited
> to 32MB (teal) and 64MB (purple)?
>
> How important is it to get gold-contact RAM?  I researched the gold on tin
> interactions that do cause a kind of molecular oxidation, but it seems

I guess this page will answer most of your questions:

http://futuretech.mirror.vuurwerk.net/i2info.html

- Sebastian

--
Sebastian Jaenicke                                   Disce aut discede!
whois pgpkey-C81115B1 -h whois.ripe.net|perl -ne's-^certif: *--&&print'