[rescue] Origin 2000 Questions

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed May 12 17:38:49 CDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004, John Michael Bischoff wrote:

> Does the term "ethically challenged" mean anything here?  Setting up a
> "don't bid against me" list is the consumer equivalent of the sellers
> forming a cartel to artifically limit availability.  Count me out, TYVM: I
> like being able to face myself.

How is that ethically challenged?  We wouldn't be saying "don't bid
against me" (and, indeed, couldn't enforce it anyway), so much as we'd
be giving people the opportunity to see if the person they're bidding
against it someone they might value more as a friend.  It also gives
people the opportunity to email each other and say "I need that for XYZ
project, if you don't really need that, I'd sure like to outbid you
without this turning into a pissing match".

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."