[rescue] Origin 2000 Questions

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed May 12 08:33:57 CDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:07:31AM -0400, Caleb Shay wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 22:48, D.A. Muran-de Assereto wrote:
> > Ah, so you're the guy that sniped me :)
> >

> An unintentional snipe, I assure you.  I checked my auctions and found
> out I had been outbid 2 minutes before the auction closed.  We really
> ought to build a list of listmember's ebay ID's so we don't bid against
> each other and drive up prices.

Alphacat, here.

Speaking of eBay and related things ....  we're coming up badly short in
our [very tight] budget this month due to some unanticipated expenses.
It looks like we can afford to pay EITHER our power and phone, OR our
car insurance, this month.  This obviously isn't going to fly.  So, it
may be time that I have to bite the bullet and sell my E3000 (even
though I really don't want to if I can avoid it -- I had plans for it).

Anyone have any opinions on what's a fair price for a well-loaded E3000,
6x336MHz, 1GB RAM iirc, 10x9G Cheetah, three peripheral power supplies,
with a framebuffer (Creator 2D, iirc) and a SunSwift (iirc) installed
and half a dozen or so spare boards (mostly I/O boards)?

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :