[rescue] Rescued iMacs looking for input on repair

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed May 5 19:20:47 CDT 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 07:45:40PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I have a friend who used to work around some very high-voltage equipment
> that was in a safety cage with interlocks out the wazoo, all dsigned to
> make sure that you COULD NOT inadvertently touch live bus-bars.
> Unfortunately, he had a co-worker who was both lazy and stupid, who
> resented the fact that the interlocks meant he had to perform extra
> operations that meant taking about thirty seconds longer to get into the
> cage, and who kept disabling the interlocks to save himself those thirty
> seconds.  As a result of this, my buddy got knocked across the room
> several times when things that should not have been live were.

An older guy, retired, that I know spent 20+ years at $local_utility.

4 guys were working in a small room, all friends of his.  They were
putting in a big panel and somebody screwed up.  Only one made it out alive.

Electricity is wonderful as long as it is going through the equipment,
not through you.

--P