[rescue] Rescued iMacs looking for input on repair

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Wed May 5 09:10:38 CDT 2004

On 5/5/04 9:00 AM, "Thomas Gallaway" wrote:

> Now the third imac a 333mhz one is weird. When I plug it in it poweres
> up and then off right away. All within 1 second. I can see the tube
> power up shortly too. I figured I might need to either try to zap the
> PMU, replace the battery or replace the down converter module.
>
> Any input would be helpfull.

I believe I saw this issue when I was nosing around trying to figure out how
to resurrect my DV 400. IIRC, this can be symptomatic of either a failed
firmware update, or installing Panther without updating firmware first.

It came up pretty frequently in my searches of google and/or the Apple KB. I
don't recall the exact resolution...

Steve