[rescue] Rescued iMacs looking for input on repair

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Wed May 5 09:00:43 CDT 2004

So yesterday at the auction I got 3 iMacs for $50/pop stated bad. I
figured okay3 imacs I can make at least 1 working out of it.

Turns out 2 are 233 and 1 is a 333.

I was googling arround and found some stuff I will try tonight but maybe
soembody can throw in some input.

The first mac turned out to work just fine :-)
The second one had a stuck power button. Great but opening it up I found
out it got dropped. So I debent the metal and powered it up. Works fine
besides the screen has red lines running true the picture. Also when I
powered it down there was a red dot in the center. I figured it might be
the transformer issue people refer to.

Now the third imac a 333mhz one is weird. When I plug it in it poweres
up and then off right away. All within 1 second. I can see the tube
power up shortly too. I figured I might need to either try to zap the
PMU, replace the battery or replace the down converter module.

Any input would be helpfull.

-- Thomas